Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139… (sure, that is it is full identify) just isn’t a sport you must go into utterly blind. There’s tons of stuff that it by no means tells you about and a few of these hidden secrets and techniques, like a number of endings, are straightforward to overlook until you are a complete completionist. Replicant additionally has a nasty behavior of asking you to fetch sure gadgets essential for quests however providing you with no concept the place these rattling issues can truly be discovered. It may be somewhat maddening with out a information.
Happily I’ve made all these errors so you do not have to. Right here you may discover some suggestions I want I knew earlier than beginning that may make this darkish and twisted journey way more pleasurable.
There’s a level of no return within the story
Immediately it’s essential to perceive that Nier Replicant is a sport divided into two components and as soon as you progress onto Half 2 there is no such thing as a going again until you begin a model new save. After you beat the sport for the primary time and begin over (there are a number of endings, which I am going to get into in a second), you may at all times begin from Half 2.
That is vital for just a few causes: When you begin Half 2, all of the quests from Half 1 cannot be accomplished and any weapons you have not already collected will disappear from the world. Quests are an vital supply of gold, enjoyable facet tales, and might unlock some fairly main options like fishing and gardening (although there are methods to unlock them later at a value). In the meantime, accumulating all 33 weapons within the sport is important to expertise every of Nier Replicant’s a number of endings. (See the following part for extra on this.)
What’s irritating, nonetheless, is that Nier Replicant’s narrative level of no return can sneak up on you should you aren’t cautious. There’s not lots of indication that you simply’re about to go into Half 2, so hold a watch out for when the primary story requires you to gather Vapor Moss. That is your clue that there’ll quickly be no turning again.
Acquire each weapon to unlock each ending
Just like the 2017 sequel Automata, Replicant has a number of endings. Not like Automata, nonetheless, you may’t simply unlock all of them simply by taking part in by each. Three of those endings, named C, D, and E require you to gather all 33 weapons within the sport.
9 weapons are present in Half 1, and should you fail to gather even simply one among them, you may have to start out a brand new save file if you wish to see endings C, D, and E.
The excellent news is these 9 weapons (together with the sword you begin with) are straightforward to search out or will be purchased from retailers. Here is the 9 weapons you want and the place to search out them:
- Anonymous Blade – Your beginning weapon
- Beastbain – Bought by the Blacksmith within the Village for 16,800 gold
- Lily-Leaf Sword – Bought by the Blacksmith within the Village for two,400 gold
- Nirvana Dagger – Discovered within the Misplaced Shrine on the second ground in a crate
- Moonrise – Assist the guard being attacked within the Southern Plains
- Earth Wyrm’s Caw – Purchased from the Blacksmith in Facade for 8,400 gold
- Blade of Treachery – Present in a crate in Emil’s Mansion proper earlier than the boss
- Rebirth – Earned from a narrative quest (you may’t miss it)
- Religion – Earned from a narrative quest (you may’t miss it)
Most quests are boring however do them anyway
You are going to want lots of gold to purchase all these weapons (there’s much more in Half 2). And if that does not empty your pockets, shopping for supplies for upgrading them actually will. Happily, there is a very easy strategy to generate profits in Nier Replicant: Do everybody’s soiled work.
All through the world you may discover a lot of characters providing facet quests that every one pay a great deal of money. The issue? They’re all fairly easy and some require a lot of grinding to get the supplies it’s essential to full them. Do them anyway.
I discover the mundane nature of Nier Replicant’s facet quests to really be fairly charming. Plenty of these quests have small tales tied to them that assist paint in essential particulars in regards to the world of Nier, and a few of them are tragic little vignettes of the individuals who nonetheless stay there. A number of, particularly in Half 1, are additionally essential to unlock the gardening system, the place you may develop crops to make a great deal of money in a while, or stage up your fishing ability. On the very worst although, these quests will bathe you with gold that you’re going to be hard-pressed to get elsewhere.
For those who’re caught needing a particular merchandise for a quest and haven’t any clue the place to get it from (that is very true for the fishing quests), the Nier wiki is a good useful resource. Use it.
Activate auto battle mode when grinding
Nier Replicant’s auto battle mode is unimaginable. It mainly fingers the controls over to an AI who fights for you and whereas which may appear kinda lame, you must do it simply as soon as to see how epic it’s. With the AI within the driver’s seat, your character will dodge and block with impeccable timing, rack up inhuman combos, and fireplace off your full arsenal of spells. You simply get to sit down again and watch absolutely the carnage.
It is cool as hell, however I nonetheless choose being the one doing all of the button mashing more often than not. The place the auto battle mode turns into so helpful is once you’re grinding for supplies or uncommon quest gadgets that’ll require you to combat the identical enemies a dozen or so occasions. Simply flip the mode on (it is within the choices menu), head into the sphere, and let the AI do every part. You may go make a sandwich or test your cellphone, however you are higher off watching the spectacle as a result of the AI turns each combat right into a high-octane showdown.
There is a strategy to assign all of your Phrases in a single go
Considered one of Nier Replicant’s methods that hasn’t aged all that nicely is its Phrases, that are like magic add-ons you may assign to weapons and spells to reinforce them. It sounds cool on paper, however there’s not that many thrilling Phrases to search out. Most are simply upgrades with marginal stat will increase to wreck. Regardless, every time you get a brand new Phrase that is an enchancment over one you are presently utilizing, you may wish to assign it. That course of may appear extraordinarily tedious when you could have a dozen weapons and spells that want updating, however there is a fast strategy to do it multi functional go.
I level this out as a result of it took me, like, 20 hours earlier than I spotted it. Do not be like me. Go to the Phrase Edit menu and as a substitute of sorting by all, select one of many classes like weapons. Transfer the choice cursor to the far proper (or click on the weapon’s identify) and you may open a drop-down menu with a few helpful choices. One can have the sport routinely select the very best Phrases to assign for that exact merchandise, whereas the “batch assign” choice will then take that combo and apply it to all gadgets in that particular class. This fashion, you may assign all of your weapons (or spells) the identical Phrases directly.
Smaller tidbits of Nier Replicant knowledge
- Native retailers promote maps of close by areas, so be sure you choose them up so you do not get misplaced in sure zones.
- Do not promote something until you don’t have any room in your stock for it. Every little thing in Nier Replicant has a goal (often for quests) and a few gadgets are fairly uncommon. For those who do get 99 of a sure merchandise, I might solely promote about half of that. You may earn loads of gold from doing sidequests anyway.
- Learn the tutorials. No, significantly. You unlock a bunch of them as you play and some clarify some extremely helpful options like learn how to sidestep enemies and get behind them in a single fluid movement.
- Gardening is not necessary however it’s enjoyable, you may want some veggies for sure quests, and you may make some cash promoting leftover produce. Simply know that vegetation develop in actual time and can die from neglect so do not plant something if you cannot play within the subsequent 24 hours.
- Darkish Execution is a tremendous spell that’ll knock enemies down after it finishes, opening them up for a fast one-hit execution (utilizing the work together button, not the assault button).